BLOG MAILING LIST
BOOK VIRTUAL CONSULTATION
- Flat Fee, Project-Based Rate Options
- Flat Fee, Bundled Project Rate Options
- Availability of Annual, Project-Based Subscriptions
- Availability of Annual Hourly-Based Subscriptions
FRACTIONAL GENERAL COUNSEL SERVICES
DIGITAL BUSINESS CARD
- HHS Issues Final Rule Implementing Information Blocking Penalties September 20, 2023
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Update on Reproductive Health Anticipated September 20, 2023
- ATA releases Toolkit Intended to Advise on Eliminating Disparities in Healthcare September 19, 2023
- DEA Considers Regulations on the Prescribing of Controlled Substances via Telemedicine September 19, 2023
- New HIPAA Security Rule Assessment Tool Released September 19, 2023
- California Considers Adoption of Controversial Veterinary Telehealth Bill September 13, 2023
- Kristie Prinz to Present on Best Practices in Drafting Digital Health SaaS Contracts to Add & Retain Customers September 1, 2023
- The Risks of Closing a Deal by Signing the Customer Contract January 25, 2023
- Will Your Digital Health Company’s Contracts be Vulnerable to a Recession? December 6, 2022
- Talk with an Expert Series: Beau Fernald Shares Software Implementation Best Practices October 28, 2022
The Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General ("HHS-OIG") recently issued on June 27, 2023 its final rule on information blocking penalties. The final rule establishes statutory penalties for committing information blocking of up to a $1...
The final update to the HIPAA Privacy Rule on reproductive health is anticipated to be issued soon by the Department of Health and Human Services ("HHS"). HHS issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on April 17, 2023 to solicit comments...
The American Telemedicine Association has just released a new toolkit intended to help with assessing the impact of telehealth on addressing disparities in healthcare among communities. Please click here to view the ATA Press Release, which announces the release and...
The DEA conducted a two day listening session last week to receive practitioner comments on regulations relating to the prescribing of controlled substances via telemedicine. Transcripts of the public comments are available for viewing at this link: https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/Telemedicine_listening_session.html. According to...
If your company is currently subject to, or alternatively, may be subject in the future to HIPAA security requirements, you may be interested to know that the Office for Civil Rights ("OCR") and the Office of the National Coordinator for...
The California legislature is currently considering a controversial new telehealth bill that would dramatically expand the access to veterinary care for animal patients located in California. AB 1399 would change California's existing law to permit a veterinarian-client-patient-relationship to be established...
Date: November 14, 2023 Price: $99 General Admission; $125 Late Admission Registration The digital health industry has exploded during the COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in an increasing number of digital health SaaS transactions. However, given the relative youth of the industry,...
Perhaps one of the very worst decisions I see digital health companies make is negotiating to close a deal by agreeing to sign the customer's contract. While it can potentially save time and upfront legal fees to agree to sign...
If your digital health company is like most companies right now, your company is nervous about the possibility of an impending recession. Of course, the real challenge is how to handle those nerves, and what steps your digital health company...
Silicon Valley Digital Health Law Blog’s Kristie Prinz recently sat down for an interview with Beau Fernald, Fractional COO and Principal of Aware Insights LLC to discuss the topic of software implementation. One of the most common drafting...
Blog Author: Kristie PrinzRead More
UPCOMING LIVE PROGRAMS
- Best Practices for Negotiating and Drafting SaaS Contracts (2021)
- Best Practices for Drafting Master Services Agreements and Managing the Service Relationship
- Legal Developments Impacting the Software Industry
- Best Practices for Negotiating SaaS Contracts and Managing SaaS Customer Relationships (2020)
- Best Practices for Negotiating SaaS Contracts and Managing Customer Relationships (2019)
- Best Practices for Drafting SaaS Contracts and Managing Customer Relationships (2019)
- Best Practices for Drafting SaaS Contracts that Reduce the Sales Cycle and Avoid Disputes (2017)
ORGANIZATIONS OF INTEREST
- Data Breach
- Defining Digital Health
- Digital Health Contracts
- Digital Health Litigation
- Digital Health Policymaking
- FDA regulation
- Federal Legislation
- FTC Regulation
- OTHER PRESENTATION
- Privacy Shield
- Software implementation
- State Legislation
- Talk to an Expert Series
- Upcoming Event Notice
- Upcoming Event Notice|Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- UPCOMING LIVE PROGRAMS
September 20, 2023
September 20, 2023
September 13, 2023