BLOG MAILING LIST
BOOK VIRTUAL CONSULTATION
VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS
FRACTIONAL GENERAL COUNSEL SERVICES
DIGITAL BUSINESS CARD
- HHS Publishes Proposed Rule Defining Information Blocking Penalties for Medical Providers November 3, 2023
- DEA Extends COVID-19 Telemedicine Rules October 11, 2023
- New California Law to Mandate Release of VC Investment Diversity Information October 10, 2023
- FDA Releases Final Guidance on Cybersecurity for Medical Devices October 7, 2023
- HHS Issues Final Rule Implementing Information Blocking Penalties September 20, 2023
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Update on Reproductive Health Anticipated September 20, 2023
- ATA releases Toolkit Intended to Advise on Eliminating Disparities in Healthcare September 19, 2023
- DEA Considers Regulations on the Prescribing of Controlled Substances via Telemedicine September 19, 2023
- New HIPAA Security Rule Assessment Tool Released September 19, 2023
- California Considers Adoption of Controversial Veterinary Telehealth Bill September 13, 2023
- Kristie Prinz to Present on Best Practices in Drafting Digital Health SaaS Contracts to Add & Retain Customers September 1, 2023
- The Risks of Closing a Deal by Signing the Customer Contract January 25, 2023
- Will Your Digital Health Company’s Contracts be Vulnerable to a Recession? December 6, 2022
- Talk with an Expert Series: Beau Fernald Shares Software Implementation Best Practices October 28, 2022
- Best Practices in Drafting Digital Health SaaS Contracts to Add & Retain Customers June 19, 2022
- The Prinz Law Office Adopts New Fixed & Subscription Billing Options May 28, 2022
- FTC Announces Settlement with Twitter Over Deceptive Use of Account Security Data May 26, 2022
- Kristie Prinz Explains Why Not to Use the Term “SaaS License” May 9, 2022
- Arbitration vs. Litigation in Digital Health Contracts: Which Option is “Better”? May 3, 2022
- Introduction to Negotiating and Drafting SaaS Contracts April 27, 2022
- Introduction to Software Contracts Workshop for Lawyers April 27, 2022
- Intro to Software Contracts for NonLawyers April 27, 2022
- Introductory Digital Health Contracts Workshop for Lawyers April 20, 2022
- Introduction to Digital Health Contracts Workshop for Non-Lawyers April 20, 2022
Silicon Valley Digital Health Law Blog’s Kristie Prinz recently sat down for an interview with Beau Fernald, Fractional COO and Principal of Aware Insights LLC to discuss the topic of software implementation. One of the most common drafting mistakes in digital health and software contracts is failing to sufficiently define the parties’ mutual expectations for a software implementation. Most digital health and software contracts, in fact, are completely silent on the issue, regardless of the time, financial or other requirements of the implementation, which may be extensive. While Beau is not a digital health or software lawyer and brings a different operational perspective to the issue of software implementation, he offers some additional insight on software implementation mistakes that digital health, SaaS, and software companies make, the consequences of those mistakes, and best practices on how to avoid them altogether. Beau strongly agrees the contention that software implementation understandings need to be articulated and memorialized in a writing to avoid subsequent misunderstandings that may result in a legal dispute. For more information on Beau Fernald, you can view his professional profile at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/beaufernald/. The Aware Insights LLC website is at: https://awareinsights.com.
Blog Author: Kristie PrinzRead More
UPCOMING LIVE PROGRAMS
- Best Practices for Negotiating and Drafting SaaS Contracts (2021)
- Best Practices for Drafting Master Services Agreements and Managing the Service Relationship
- Legal Developments Impacting the Software Industry
- Best Practices for Negotiating SaaS Contracts and Managing SaaS Customer Relationships (2020)
- Best Practices for Negotiating SaaS Contracts and Managing Customer Relationships (2019)
- Best Practices for Drafting SaaS Contracts and Managing Customer Relationships (2019)
- Best Practices for Drafting SaaS Contracts that Reduce the Sales Cycle and Avoid Disputes (2017)
ORGANIZATIONS OF INTEREST
- Data Breach
- Defining Digital Health
- Digital Health Contracts
- Digital Health Litigation
- Digital Health Policymaking
- FDA regulation
- Federal Legislation
- Federal Regulation
- FTC Regulation
- OTHER PRESENTATION
- Privacy Shield
- Software implementation
- State Legislation
- State Regulation
- Talk to an Expert Series
- Upcoming Event Notice
- Upcoming Event Notice|Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- UPCOMING LIVE PROGRAMS
If you work in the...
Silicon Valley Digital Health...
How are digital health contracts...
The California legislature is currently...
Perhaps one of the very...
Date: June 6, 2022 Time:...
Date: June 17, 2022 Time:...
I was recently asked by...
Date: May 21, 2022 Time:...